Countertop Carbon Units
Special carbon/matrikx cartridge removes unpleasant tastes and odors (chlorine, sulphur, etc) from tap water. These models will also reduce levels of most organic chemicals, including trihalomethanes (THM's), trichloroethane (TCE) and ethylene dibromide (EDB), commonly found in drinking water supplies.
- Attractive white canister - Also available in other colors, including clear, with multiple piece (50 or more) orders.
- Replaceable cartridge is available in 10 (standard) 5, 1 and 0.5 micron varieties. The lower the micron rating, the more impurities the filter will remove. The 0.5 micron cartridge will remove many inorganics as well. There is an increase in the cost for the lower micron rated cartridges. Cartridge should be changed every six months, unless feed water is of very poor quality.
- Easy to install to kitchen faucet.
- Has a diverter which is pulled out when water is desired from the filter. Otherwise tap water can be used for washing dishes.
- Comes in unlabeled white box for resale if desired