Natural Pond - Lake and Aquarium Treatments » Organic Digester
Organic Digester powder and liquid are designed for use in fish and prawn ponds, lakes and lagoons, where organic odors and organic accumulations are a problem.
Organic Digester contains huge amounts of naturally occurring bacteria which have been selected and produced for their ability to degrade organic matter and reduce ammonia accumulations through a natural oxidative process.
Organic Digester has multiple strains of beneficial bacteria, including Nitrobacter and Nitrosomonas.
Organic Digester digests these organics naturally and safely. When added to the pond, Organic Digester creates a biological chain reaction by producing greater and greater quantities of natural bacteria and enzymes. This is the most concentrated product on the market.
- Helps maintain proper pH and speeds up the natural process of breaking down waste.
- Helps eliminate offensive odors and off flavor "lasang gilk" of Bangus and Tilapia.
- Works in fresh or salt water.
- Safe and beneficial for fish and plants.
- Dissolves leftover foods, waste matter and other decaying organic matter (sludge).
- Helps to reduce Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD) making more Dissolved Oxygen (DO) available for higher stocking density and increased growth rates.
- Lowers ammonia, nitrite, phosphate, hydrogen sulfide and other obnoxious gases.
- Seeds bio filters.
- Will not hurt your dog or horse if they drink from the pond water where our product has been applied.
- No problem if overdosed.
- Proven in commerical usage (Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Hollywood Forever Cemetery, Port Hueneme, California United States Naval Base Golf Course, University of Pennsylvania, 20th Century Fox Studios, Lakeside Villas/Village Condominiums, Culver City, CA., Disney Resort in Hawaii, (etc.)
- Also approved for entry into the State of Hawaii. One of the few bacteria products to have such a distinction!
- Acts quickly in Turtle Tanks, Pondless Waterfalls and Fountains!
- Used heavily in Aquaponics treatments!
- For the MSDS sheet please contact us. All of our products are non chemical and non hazardous.
- New 4-color label for the 4 oz Aquarium Treatment
I did a major ‘summer cleaning’ of my 5,000 gal pond last week and not sure what I would have done without the digester. After doing a deep cleaning of plant bogs, waterfalls and back flushing the bio filter my pond water was gross! I added the Organic Digester and within 24 hours the pond was crystal clear. It’s great stuff and highly under rated. At our monthly meetings at Koi Club of San Diego we make sure we always have the product on the drawing table. Thanks Jeff for supporting our Club.
Koi Club of San Diego
|Basic Application Rates|
|Product Comparison||Size of Pond
|1st Application||Next 4 Weeks
(once per week)
(once per month)
(32 oz. bottle)
|Organic Digester||500||1 oz.||0.5 oz.||0.2 oz.||$24.95|
|Microbe-Lift® PL||500||10 oz.||3 oz.||3 oz.||$26.95|
|Aqua-One™||500||3 oz.||3 oz.||3 oz.||$24.95|
|Cost Comparison||Price||Size||Price per ounce||First Treatment Dosage||Treatment Cost|
|Organic Digester||$24.95||32 oz.||$.77||1 oz.||$.77|
|Microbe-Lift® PL||$26.95||32 oz.||$.84||10 oz.||$8.40|
|Aqua-One™||$24.95||32 oz.||$.77||3 oz.||$2.31|
Microbe-Lift® is a registered trademark of Ecological Laboratories, Inc.
ORGANIC DIGESTER FOR FISH & SHRIMP FARM TREATMENT
Per hectare (one meter deep) Week 1 – 10 liters.
The Organic Digester initial treatment is 1 gallon per 40,000-50,000 gallons. If the pond is covered with algae then double the dosage. Maintenance treatments are 1 gallon per 80,000 gallons. You should not need our AWT-1 for aquaculture unless you are trying to significantly increase the number of prawns/fish in the lagoon.
IF YOU WISH TO GIVE THE NEW, SUPER FORMULATED, OD LIQUID A STEROID EFFECT, DOSE ONE GALLON TO 5 GALLONS OF POND WATER. ADD A SMALL AERATOR PUMP AND LET IT SIT OVERNIGHT. APPLY TO YOUR POND AND WATCH THE RESULTS.
Nitrate and Phosphate Reduction Using Strata Products:
Strata International produces several microbial-based products that will reduce or eliminate nitrate and phospahte in soil, surface water and groundwater. In addtion to nitrate and phosphate, these products will also reduce or eliminate ammonia, nitrite, residual herbicides and many other nuisance organic and inorganic compounds.
Strata International nitrate and phosphate reducing products are composed of two general types of mcirobes, faculative heterotrophs and aerobic chemolithotrophs. Facultative heterotrophs are microbes that can grow with or without oxygen and must have an external source of carbon other that CO2. Aerobic chemolithotrophs require oxygen to grow and are autotrophic, that is they use CO2 as their source of carbon. These two groups of microbes work in concert with each other to reduce or eliminate nitrate and phosphate.
Nitrate reduction is accompllished by the heterotrophic microbes that reduce nitrate (HNO3) to nitrite(HNO2) where gaseous nitrogen is released into the atmosphere. The nitrite (HNO2) is then converted back to nitrate (HNO3) by the chemolithotrophs and the process repeats over again. Each cycle, nitrate to nitrite to nitrate liberates nitrogen gas thus reducing the total nitrate present.
Phosphate is utlized by both heterotrophs and chemolithotrophs contained in Strata products. Both groups need phosphorus for production of ATP (adenosine triphosphate) which is the main source of energy generation in all living organisms, cell wall synthesis and DNA synthesis. Phosphate (phosphorus) is literally bound-up within the microbes themselves. The more microbes present, the more phosphorus is taken-up into their biomass.
Controlling nitrates and phosphates helps reduce groundwater contamination as well as reducing their respecitve build-up in surface soils. In addition, reducing nitrate and phosphate in soil prevents nutrient runoff into rivers, lakes and estuaries thus reducing algae blooms including neurotoxin dinoflagglates.