Reverse Osmosis Under the Countertop Unit
NG Reverse Osmosis Under the Countertop Unit: Model S402
Will treat contaminated, undrinkable water, turning it into quality potable water. Designed for treatment of problem water (either municipal or well variety). Our most popular model.
CAPACITY: 75 GALLONS/DAY (284 LITERS)
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTALLATION PROCEDURE- STRATA MODELS: S 401/402/403 - 75 GPD SYSTEMS:
Prior to the installation of the new NG Reverse Osmosis water purification system, please familiarize yourself with the components:
1 Pressurized Storage Tank - Reservoir capacity is 12 liters including the air. The net water capacity is 9 liters.
1 Sediment Removal Pre-Filter Cartridge (First in line) - Removes particles 5 micron or greater from the water.
2 Carbon Pre-Filter Cartridge (Second in line) - Removes the Chlorine from the water.
3 Identical 10" White Color Housings - Stores both the sediment and carbon filter cartridges.
1 Membrane Pressure Vessel - Stores the membrane.
1 Semi-Permeable T.F.C membrane.
1 Bracket - Holds the pressure vessel and two housings in place.
1 Automatic Shut-Off Valve - Shuts the system down once the storage tank is full. Eliminates the waste water going to the drain once the tank is full.
1 Check Valve Fitting - Is installed in the pressure vessel to prevent a back- flow of water into the membrane.
6 Fittings - Used to join the tubes and components.
1 Flow Restrictor - Controls water pressure in the membrane and the discharge of non-purified (concentrate) water to the drain. It is installed after the membrane and is connected to the drain pipe under the sink.
1 Tank Valve - Is connected to the tank by a three-way (T) fitting
2 Pressure Vessel Clips - Secures the pressure vessel
2 Dual Clips - Secures In-Line Carbon Filter over the pressure vessel.
1 Saddle Drain - Joins the flow restrictor pipe to the drain.
1 Feed Valve - Installed directly into the cold water line under the sink.
1 Carbon Inline Filter - Installed between the tank and the faucet to give a great taste to the water after the tank.
1 Faucet - Tap included with every NG Model.
1. Locate the cold water pipe under the sink. HINT: If you are not sure which is the cold water line, turn the hot water on for a few minutes and feel the pipes.
DO NOT INSTALL THE FEED WATER VALVE ON THE HOT WATER PIPE LINE.
2. Turn off the cold Water.
3. Install the feed valve on the cold water pipe line. (We recommend using a professional plumber or a person experienced in installing RO systems.)
4. Turn the handle of the Feed Valve CLOCKWISE.
5. Install the drain saddle on the drain pipe under the sink.
6. Make a small hole (1/8") in the drain pipe. (Using an opening in the saddle drain as a guide.)
7. Connect the pipe of the restrictor to the joint of the saddle drain.
8. FAUCET INSTALLATION: Drill a ¼" hole in the sink at the location you wish to place the faucet. HINT: Secure the hole such that the faucet along with the rubber washer is in place above the sink.
9. Install the tubing from the outlet port on the post carbon filter to the bottom of the faucet.
10. Turn on the cold water.
11. Turn on the feed valve by turning the handle COUNTERCLOCKWISE.
12. Wait approximately one hour for the tank to fill to capacity.
13. Open the faucet and empty the tank.
14. Close the faucet and refill the tank. This will take approximately one hour.
15. Now you can enjoy drinking the delicious water, up to 36 gallons (136 liters) per day (24 hours). Don’t forget to plug in the booster pump, if you have purchased the S403 model.
STRATA Reverse Osmosis units designed for Chlorinated water. We also have membranes for Well Water. Storage Tank sizes can vary depending on what the customer requests. STRATA also has membranes for larger capacities per day, 75, 90, etc.
Typical Dissolved Solids effectively removed by the NG RO units:
· ORGANIC PESTICIDESPOTASSIUM
· SILICATE SILVER
· SODIUM STRONSIUM (RADIOACTIVE)
REJECTION RATE OF THE ABOVE CHEMICAL CHARACTERS BY THE MEMBRANE IS APPROXIMATELY 90 TO 98%.
Feed Water Pressure - 40 PSI (3 Bar)
100psi (7bars)Feed Water Temperature -40F (4.4C) to 100F (38C)
Rejection Rate of Total Dissolved Solid (TDS) 85% 95%
Maximum Total Dissolved Solid 2000mg/litre
Shipping weight 8 kg (18 lb)